Friday, November 20, 2009

Melissa's Family

Busy, busy, busy! Since I landed in the west (in Phoenix at the moment), I've been getting caught up on everything and wanting to update, but then I also want to process, and all this in between shoots! But the wait is over - it's update time.

While I was back in Iowa, the weather was the definition of perfect - imagine 70 degrees in early November, and if you grew up in the midwest, you know you really can't ask for much better than that. Presently I'm a bit spoiled by both the weather of the Valley of the Sun and the Bay Area, but I doubly appreciate it when it's nice back home at this time of year and dread the possibility of bitter cold, which can be standard at times.

So, much to my surprise, the weather was absolutely amazing for Melissa's outdoor family portrait session in Muscatine, Iowa - a mid-sized city by Iowa standards, bursting with history, right along the Mississippi River (check out the Wiki more info and pretty pics of the sights around town). We shot at an old, character-rich building and it was the perfect location. As a bonus, no one had to bundle up, and you can't tell the season just by looking at the images. They were so much fun to work with - plus, her boys were great in front of the camera and enjoyed playing around, so we got some very cute shots!








_____________________________________

What else is going on? The fan page has almost doubled in size since I last commented on it here about a month ago - we're now approaching 600 fans. Thanks for your continued support. And I did update KarlyKoren.com with some new images about a week ago - so enjoy! I've got some unique shoots coming up as well - keep checking in here, or subscribe to stay in the loop. Finally, just a heads up: it looks like I'll be in San Fran in less than a month and then it's off to Iowa again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment